Wednesday, February 10, 2010

'The Piercing Night' by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace Colorful Abstract Horse Oil Painting

'The Piercing Night'

30 x 40 inches  Oil on Canvas

SOLD COMMISSIONED PAINTING

Contact me to commission a painting. Laurie
 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010

The Painting:  Well, this collector liked a painting I did last year called "in the Heat of the Night."

Normally I do not like to try to recapture my own paintings as it is virtually impossible with contemporary art to do it. A realistic painting you can do it....but not with expressionism.  I decided I liked the horses set up better on the 30 x 40 inch spread allowing them a bit more space in development.  Sometimes I see other artists attempting to capture one of my paintings or styles, but each one is unique and full of the spirit of that particular painting.  Nothing forced, painted only in the true spirit of that moment and always original in one of my personal signature styles, not a style borrowed or imitated.  Did you know the first painted pony pull came from a nude with two left feet? You can't get more original than that!  While my art can easily shift to realism or impressionism with other subjects,  it is the creation of my expressionistic horses that encourages me to paint outside the box.


Judy Garland said it best.

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Wonders of the Heart

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin