Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sketches Preparation is Important in Painting and in life by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

Sketches




Preparing for a painting always requires sketches...

Contact me for commission work. Laurie
   © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010




Preparation is an important thing in life for almost everything. Spur of the moment is usually more like life is, but if you are preparing all along and have a good foundation, you are doing the needed prep work.

The grass Terry and I planted is doing fabulously.  We dipped each square of grass in a big tub of fertilizer water of Miracle Grow before we placed it on the ground.  My back hurt for over a week as we laid 150 grass squares.  But this preparation has paid off to solid sod that looks as good as it feels.  The dog loves it. The snakes love it... we all love it. Good preparation.

Preparation before we cook is important. We made his mother's meat loaf recipe again last night. Of course it always leaves me overfull...but it is good.  We had to prepare ahead by having all the needed ingredients.   Things just go together better when you don't have to substitute things in a recipe. 

I could list all day long things it is better to be prepared for... but the most important is when you come to God in prayer.  He likes it best that way and if your mind is clear of clutter and the "I wants and I needs", you can really listen to Him speaking to your heart. Our journey in life is our preparation for the journey into the here after.  Are you prepared?


Laurie

“I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”- Philippians 3:14
 
Art Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Wonders of the Heart

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin